Linkedin private mode. This article will learn the difference between private and semi-private mode and how to activate them you can set Linkedin.
How to enable LinkedIn private mode
Browsing in private mode means that your name will not appear in the “Who has viewed your profile” section. You can change your private mode status in the browser as follows:
- Open your LinkedIn profile and click “You” in the top right corner.
- A drop-down list opens. Select “Settings & Privacy” in this.
- Now select “Visibility” on the left side.
- Then click on “Visibility of your profile and network.” Now select “Change” next to the “Profile Display Option.”
- You have three options to change it: “Name” and “Profile slogan,” “Privacy profile characteristics,” “Private mode.” Select the options you want to change.
- The changes are applied automatically.
How to use LinkedIn private mode
LinkedIn distinguishes between private and semi-private mode. It also makes a difference whether you are a premium member or not.
- Private mode: If you browse in this mode, the “Who has viewed your profile” section will only show “This person is viewing profiles in private mode.” There will be no further information.
- Semi-private mode: If you surf in semi-private mode, details such as the company, industry, educational institution or job title are displayed to the member.
- Premium member: If you surf in private mode as a premium member, you can still see the list of people who have visited your profile in the last 90 days. If you surf as a standard member, this is not possible.